16 May 2013

Agnethe Lindløv: In My Solitude

In My Solitude
Agnethe Lindløv
8.4.-28.5.13
Tou Scene, Stavanger
Installations, drawings, video

In the first of two halls, strange clothes are hanging around, as in a giant walk-in wardrobe, or rather a room where somebody undressed in a hurry. Here is a full set of some kind of white foam-mesh clothing, hanging on the wall or tossed on a chair and on the floor. A robe of thick velvet is floating in the air. All create mystic shadows from the few light sources. And this is combined with drawings exploring the folds and shadows of various fabric.

This is all topped with the video in the next hall. What first seems like a pillar-shaped curtain, is a vertical hammock that slowly starts moving. There is a person inside, and as she moves the pillar is becoming a constantly changing sculpture.

The exhibition is combined with an exhibition of Anette Moi in another one of the beer halls. After the great fun of Moi's creations, Lindløv provides the magic.

Agnethe Lindløv: In My Solitude

Agnethe Lindløv: In My Solitude

Agnethe Lindløv: In My Solitude

Agnethe Lindløv: In My Solitude

Agnethe Lindløv: In My Solitude

Agnethe Lindløv: In My Solitude