11 July 2011

Lost & Found

Laura Põld
30.6.-17.7.11
Paintings
Linnagalerii, Tallinn

I had large expectations for this solo exhibition by Laura Põld. This young artist just graduated from her master studies at Tartu University, but is already quite established as an artist. Her painting/video work was part of the Estonian Artists' Union annual exhibition last year.

I was hoping to see new video works, but was a bit disappointed to discover that the exhibition was all about abstract painting. It is about surfaces and patterns. It seems her ceramic background has influenced on this work, the surfaces resemble pottery, or maybe old painted house walls. I was hardly able to get any energy from these paintings. But I am curious about what she will do next, I believe she is an artist to look out for in the future.

Laura Põld: Lost & Found

Laura Põld: Lost & Found

Laura Põld: Lost & Found