28 April 2013

Solveig Landa: I AM I AM I AM

I AM I AM I AM
Solveig Landa
25.4.-15.5.13
Trykk17, Stavanger
Prints and sculptures

This is an exhibition that screams for attention in its title, with capitals and repetition on the simple, but important fact that "I am". I am entering a world of wonders and zeppeliners, like in the technical drawings of Leonardo da Vinci, but also the ultraoptimistic science fiction of the sixties. Globes and zeppeliners dance with humans in these colorful prints, and there are miniature models as well. And a flow of bits of branches turning the floor into some imaginary wet or icy patch. The exhibition deserves the attention it craves. I get this urge to fly away somewhere, but at the same time, this is a good place to stay.

Solveig Landa: Våpen av rust og vind + From the Back of My Eyes
Våpen av rust og vind + From the Back of My Eyes

Solveig Landa: Weary River
Weary River

Solveig Landa: I AM I AM I AM/ I stille vind + Luftgåte + Inn og ut av meg sjølv
I AM I AM I AM/ I stille vind + Luftgåte + Inn og ut av meg sjølv

Solveig Landa: Hurt Core + I will leave now
Hurt Core + I will leave now